Sitting here while Lauren is watching Bachelor in Paradise, and I couldn’t be any less interested. I haven’t had much time to post in the past month (things have been a bit hectic,) but I’m working on it!
As we mentioned, it’s been three amazing years since Lauren and I tied the knot. I can’t believe how quickly life moves. To celebrate our anniversary, we booked a night in Atlantic City. With the help of some generous grandmoms (my mom treated on the room, and Lauren’s mom agreed to babysit,) we were able to have a proper date night. On the drive down, we realized that it was actually our first full night out without Luca! We both had nights out separately, but we never went out overnight together with a sitter watching him.
Here’s what I learned:
1. It’s hard not to worry. I wasn’t worried worried, like something awful was going to happen. I knew that Luca was in good hands with his Grammi Tammi, but I just hoped he didn’t throw a tantrum, give her a hard time going to bed, or refuse to eat.
2. It’s easy not to worry…after a couple glasses of champagne, and a few mojitos. While out to dinner, we received a text around 8PM that Luca was sleeping and that really eased what little anxiety we had.
3. We can’t drink like we used to. I know everyone says it, but the cliche is true. You think you can drink like you used to, and then you quickly wake up remembering your age. It’s painful.
4. We finally hit that age where getting carded is a compliment, not an insult.
5. The “old” songs that the cover band is playing – the ones that the younger crowd doesn’t recognize… yeah, we remember when they first hit the radio.
It was an interesting trip, and we had a lot of fun throughout the weekend with our friends, moms, and sisters. Hopefully we won’t wait another full year to have another night to ourselves!